LEAD AND HOST A RETREAT
Design your RetreaT
There is no better place to produce a workshop, event, or host a group/individual retreat than on the magical Big Island of Hawaii. Contact us with your plans so that we may co-envision your one-on-one or group event and collaborate together!
yoga & Meditation
Balance in the body can come from within and through the teachings of Mother Earth's wonders. Let us show you how we combine our amazing facilities with the magic of the ocean so that you can find yourself within. Some of the best surf and yoga awaits you!
Connecting with nature has long been the best medicine for the body. Combine this with the magic of our sacred land and you will find yourself in the retreat of a lifetime. Discover how disconnecting from your world and connecting to ours can heal you!
TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR
The Group Retreat Program
As a group leader, facilitator or teacher, our Group Retreats Program is an easy way for you to host an event with a group of ten people or more. KMEC offers group pricing for group retreats and events of 10 to 30 people. KMEC may be rented out for single or multiple day events. KMEC can provide privacy and solitude for your event, whether you require use of all or only part of KMEC’s facilities.
We recommend that you plan your program as much in advance as possible, in order to assure availability of accommodations and meeting facilities.
Examples of Some of the Retreats We Offer:
- Vegan Cooking
The Reasons to Choose US
- Reduced and flexible accommodation rates. Contact us for a quote on our highly competitive rate.
- Free usage of our meeting spaces, equipment and wireless internet service.
- Accommodations for up to 30 guests and Facilities for up to 100 students. Our unique, natural cabins will ease the souls of your group.
- We offer affordable transportation options for you, taking the hassle out of renting vehicles.
- Friendly staff that serve with Aloha.
- Proximity to Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park, thermal swimming and soaking pools, superior snorkeling, natural cave steam baths and much more.
- Near to Local Farmer's Markets, Uncle Robert’s Night Market and Kehena black sand beach which is frequented by dolphins.
- Full accommodations
- Short drive from Hilo International Airport
- Daily yoga in 1000 square foot Yoga Hale with ocean view
- Daily meditation in custom designed Balinese Meditation Pavilion
- Full service treatment room (massages, acupuncture, energy work)
- Full service laundry facility
- Free wifi service
- 3 vegetarian meals catered by a professional chefs
- Yoga mats, blankets, straps, props
- Folding chairs and tables
Hale (Hawaiian; pronounced Hah-Lay; meaning: building, pavilion, house or meeting place)
Yoga Hale: Our largest event space, the Yoga Hale has about 1000 square feet of floor space. It can accommodate over 100 people sitting or standing or about 20 people stretched out and lying down (i.e. on yoga mats). The Yoga Hale includes its own kitchen and full bathrooms.
Meditation Hale: Our Balinese Meditation Pavilion is open 24 hours a day for prayer, small group meetings, yoga or solitude. Custom-made in Bali, it is a very holy and special place for prayer and reflection. It can accommodate 25 to 30 people sitting on cushions. It is equipped with a TV, DVD player, light, cushions, an ocean view and its own independent solar power system.
- Friendly and loving staff
- A multi-purpose pavilion for groups, weddings or individual activities
- Safe and purified state-of-the-art rainwater catchment system for drinking
- Nearly 100% solar powered (generator assistance when needed)
- Lovely 10 acres of fruit trees and forest
- Ocean views over the orchard
- Sound of the surf in the distance
- Alkaline water upon request
- Saltwater swimming just a half mile away at Isaac Hale Park
- Jungle warm ponds
- Clear and beautiful stargazing
Pricing for groups starts $900 per day + tax for rental of facilities. Actual costs vary based on number of participants and time of year. A deposit of 20% is required at the time of booking to reserve your space. We can provide 3 delicious catered vegan/vegetarian meals per day for $50 per day per guest. We are happy to provide additional advertising and marketing support to help fill your retreat for no additional cost. Contact us for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the check-in/check-out times?
Check-in time is between 3pm and 8pm. You may arrive early but we cannot guarantee that your room will be available until 3:00 pm. In case of a late flight arrival, please notify us well in advance, so we can make arrangements for welcoming you. Check-out time is 12:00 pm. Late check-outs are sometimes possible, however a fee may apply.
How many people can KMEC accommodate?
Based on all accommodations, we can lodge as many as 30 guests, not including camping. We also coordinate outside B&B rooms for overflow.
When is rainy season? When is the best time to schedule a workshop?
KMEC enjoys Hawaii's ideal climate: Light ocean breezes, sunny days, pleasant year-round temperatures (65-85°F) and occasional tropical showers. You may schedule your retreat any time of the year.
Will my cell phone work at KMEC?
AT&T phone and data works fine at KMEC. We have poor Verizon reception and other carriers vary. Skype works well here, as well as any other wifi connected forms of communication. We do not have a land line onsite.
How about Internet or wifi? Can I check email at KMEC?
Wireless internet is available in many areas of the property. Usage is free. There are plans soon to extend wifi coverage to the Ocean Vista Cabin. The Dragonfly Cabin does not currently have wifi or internet, however common spaces around the upper village do. Large downloads are strongly discouraged (it slows down bandwidth for everyone).
How about wild animals and creatures?
KMEC celebrates life in its myriad forms. We live in harmony with the jungle environment, which means you will probably encounter harmless creatures such as spiders, geckos and occasionally mongoose. We have the least amount of mosquitos on this side of the island due to our constant trade winds, and we do provide 100% natural repellents if you need it. Our accommodations are simple and comfortable, with no televisions or phones.
Is smoking permitted at KMEC?
Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
Do you provide transportation to and from the Hilo airport?
We offer affordable transportation for our guests. The price is dependent on the number of people in your group and number of trips necessary. Contact us for a quote on an airport pickup. The regular taxi rate is about $80 total for 6 passengers in our 7 seater minivan. The cost of pickup and drop off for your participants is NOT included in our group rates unless specified to be included.
Do I need to rent a car?
We are located 15 minutes or 8 miles from the nearest town. There are many natural attractions in the vicinity. These can be visited by arranging a paid adventure with our guide. If you prefer to explore on your own, renting a car from the airport is a good option.
Are children welcome to KMEC?
Children are always welcome at KMEC. However, we do not provide childcare. We can provide contact information for several reliable childcare providers in the area.